22 Jun Food Dialogues 2022
Learn ways to bring about a healthier, more resilient and just food system, connect with people shaping the future of food, and discover new insights into our food culture.
Food Dialogues is hosted by the SA Urban Food & Farming Trust with co-host and sponsor SOLVE@Waterfront.
Co-sponsored by the DSI-NRF Centre of Excellence in Food Security, event partners include the Western Cape Economic Development Partnership, African Centre for Cities, the Southern Africa Food Lab, The Oranjezicht City Farm Market, Bertha House, Philippi Village, City of Cape Town, Western Cape Government and Derrick Integrated Communications.
The event explores questions like:
- How are digital technologies disrupting our food system?
- What will be the impact of cultured meat?
- How has food shaped the spaces and places that define our city?
- Why are one-third of infants stunted or obese?
- How do cooking and eating connect us to nature, culture and spirituality?
- Will the revival of indigenous food traditions reshape our food culture?
These and other challenging questions will be explored throughout the programme, which ranges from expert panel discussions to hands-on cooking classes, from walking tours to art exhibitions, and more.
To find out more, visit the Food Dialogues website here.